Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Leaping on wagons.

Once again, I blew it. And when that wagon came along...I just let it pass by. Without even an ounce of effort to leap on it. Then again, leaping on moving wagons are not exactly a good idea because:

A. I'm too fat to defy gravity
B. It's a dangerous stunt. Don't do this at home, my naughty hyper-active 3-year old nephew.

Well, people would find me either too serious or too lan si. Truth is, I am quite paranoid & not the type to be friendly at first sight. Around friends, I would actually goof off a lot. In fact, a colleague of mine (who is considerably older than me) has been subjected to my daily dose of age jokes.

*When colleague is taking time at the water cooler*
Izzat: Don't block progress, old man.

Colleague: I like this Sinatra song.
Izzat: Sinatra is contemporary to you, after all.

Colleague: I can't get this dvd to work.
Izzat: Maybe you can try the VHS version, grandpa.

Admittedly, those seemed cruel...but I didn't really mean that. It's all in the name of fun. He actually looks healthier than me...thanks to his gym membership, heh heh. Well, that's good to combat your osteoperosis, old man.

To illustrate my paranoid side, imagine while having lunch at mamak - a girl looking in my direction and smiled...my thoughts would be:

A. Do I remind her of her father/relatives?
B. Do I remind her of the Michelin tyre mascot? (Likely.)
C. Do I have some rice on the corner of my mouth?
D. Waitaminute, is the zipper of my pants opened?

So there you go. Never once did I think I am a cool/charming guy for a girl to take interest in me. Even if (remotely) that is the case, like most guys, I am blind to signals, hints, or anything of that nature.

Even with divine intervention, even when the chance present itself for me to change all that...I'd blew it, once more. Can't really complain too much about it, this is all pretty much self-inflicted anyway. Just getting some stuff out of my system.

No comments: