Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Washed up?

Sometimes when recalling past memories, we tend to wonder aloud, "whatever the hell happened to me?"

It's alarming that our past selves made us feel irrelevant. Becoming what we always feared we would become: be unable to reach the greatness, and instead buried in the ground as an after thought.

At various parts of this year, I tried to reach deep down myself...for the guy that I used to be. The aches I feel now somehow reminds me that while I may not be able to reach my original goal...I could strive to become more.

But first, I'll use the upcoming off days to put that theory to the test. Speed and force won't be the priority...I'll just need to focus on the methods, then the other factors will flow in naturally. Of course, plain laziness could be my biggest enemy yet. I'm glad that en route to this Trial, my body held up very well. I took the 'slow buildup' path here...not unlike how a woodpecker slowly chips away a tree. There is indeed progress, how microscopic it may be.

I have been regressing and falling hard in the past. I'd like to be able to move past that, and break through the twilight.

1 comment:

EJX2 said...

おす!Izzat San!

Break through the twilight and pierce through the heavens! Who the hell do you think you are?!

Oh and merry X-mas.