Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thoughts of Mutiny.

Long have I dwelt on this matter: why am I still here? Am I becoming complacent? Even an acquaintance asked me ages ago..."why are you not fighting for greater glories?"

As if to provide catalyst to rattle me even more - suddenly several portals opened: all of them side quests, but they're important crutches nonetheless. I am planning to undertake them all, regardless of my status in the main plot. Visions of the Kingdom came down crumbling are disturbingly clear.

And thoughts of mutiny had never been so apparent, till the day the message comes. Systematically, hopes had been dashed throughout the year...little did I know the most painful blow is yet to be delivered. I consulted the Circle and they are delighted that I finally wanted to take a stand. Before waging any wars, I best prepare my arsenal...for now it is quite lacking.

Some personal matters have kept me well within the current boundaries. Even so, at times I wished to just venture away to another land. One that is refreshingly foreign and strangely enticing. Still, I might have to carry on playing my current role for at least a couple of years more...for there is no one else to do it. That statement wasn't made out of arrogance, it was simply an unavoidable fate. The flag was entrusted to me to carry, like several times before.

Sometimes, the burden felt heavy...sometimes I looked forward to it. I stumbled on forward, growing bitter and weary with each passing day. My rebelling heart screams out.

"One day I will challenge the Throne. And the world will be the ultimate prize."

All this, for the sake of my future...if there's one.

No comments: