Thursday, February 08, 2007

To the once and future nemesis.

The respect is no longer there...for some time. Your company is no longer welcomed, even. Like a parasite, still bogging down on my resources. Delusions of grandeur clouds your judgment, while you succumbed to dreams. Big ones, boastfully every single time. And predictably you fell to your demons once more...and as I learned, betrayed the trust of the ones who would there for you even at your most wretched, pathetic state.

You betrayed me too. When I saved you, you were the victim...that it was a ploy against you from all humanity. Pointing your finger at the whole world but yourself. You can do no wrong. Oh no. Alas, all of that was a ruse, one I foolishly believed at the time. Being a parasite that you are, continuing to scavenge others came most naturally to you. And without fail, I led myself to belief in your lies again and again.

I have to admit, there were flashes of brilliance. Between us, you were always the better one. I was content to be shadowed...after all, my admiration and respect for you then was boundless and genuine. I was burning in your light. That light of old, which seem to forsake you now, would return once in a while...but never sustained.

Many times, there'll be people leading you to paths of salvation. Yet, you dismissed them, wanted to seek your 'greatness' with your own hands.

"I felt something hold me down, keeping me away from my deserved Destiny." Says you, most often.

And know this: when the dust clears, then you'll see how blind you were. For all this while, the thing that held you back, was your own hands.

No comments: