Monday, January 22, 2007

For me to be myself.

Numbness in my hands accompany me as I woke up. Without letting panic set in, I slowly shake my arms to let the blood flow smoothly. After that tiring session yesterday, I contemplated to just continue lying in bed. After a few seconds, I squashed that thought. Agh, even tooth-brushing seemed like an olympian task in this current state.

Ever since that weird week, somehow I caught flashes of the past. My old me. The person I thought I always want to be. It'll take a long, long road to reach that level again...at least, yesterday's session, as grueling as it seems then, is nowhere near the norm in '96 & '97.

I have no foes to vanquish & no titles to contend for...I'm just giving myself a chance. Some things went out of my grasp...the painful reminder of that lingers on. On the other hand, just reminiscing about it takes me nowhere. I must do something.

I found out that when I reached the limit, and push it just slightly beyond...man, that felt good. Even if that means I would feel sore the next day. I just did what I could. Regaining whatever spirit I had left from yesteryear. To be myself.

No comments: