Thursday, July 03, 2008

Missed...by that much


I watched Get Smart last night and it was...underwhelming. It is not bad at all...just how I felt on the whole experience. The overall feeling resulted from the combo of my high expectations and dead audience members. Most of the jokes seemed to flew over people's head...I'm not undermining anybody's intelligence here, but boy oh boy were they unresponsive or what...

I always believed that comedies best enjoyed either in a big group (where everyone laughs) or just in your own privacy. Sigh. Last night was neither. Also, the antagonist is rather...lame. Not lamest(that 'honor' goes to the main baddie of Die Hard 4.0...Tim Olyphant, you suck.) but come on, Zod, you could do better than that.

I'm a Steve Carell fan...I'd watch anything with him in it (well, maybe except Evan Almighty) and he did a great job here. Everyone else is fine. Dalip Singh/Great Khali's role is bigger than I had expected. I would be more than willing to give this movie another chance...with a more receptive audience, I hope....or just wait for the dvd. Next, I'll be watching Hancock in the weekend...Hellboy 2, Wanted, Dark Knight would be on watch list for July as well. Maybe will watch Wall-E too. Agh, gonna be broke, dammit.

1 comment:

E3102 Gamma said...

i loved get smart!