Monday, July 21, 2008

Dark Knight

After the long wait, it's here. I watched The Dark Knight on Saturday with my buddy Bob. As usual, after the movie he'd ask, "so how was it?" This time, I struggled to find words to describe my opinion.

I am simply overwhelmed. All expectations were exceeded. The plot, the themes, the characters...everything is right. This is no longer a mere 'comic book superhero movie' akin to Incredible Hulk & Iron Man (I loved those 2, by the way) but it has transcended the genre. It's epic in every sense of the word - more like the feeling of watching Michael Mann's Heat or Coppola's Godfather. It's THAT good.

I don't believe in perfection, for I felt there is no such thing. But this movie came quite close. Without hesitation, a highly recommended must-see movie. Three years I waited, and it was worth every second.

No comments: