Sunday, February 24, 2008

With a little help from my friends...

Obviously, the above title is taken from a Beatles song. Kind of appropriate as I am taking this time to thank my 2 friends that hang out with me today @The Curve.

Things didn't start off quite as I planned - in the worst of timings, my voicebox just gave out. I almost decided to cancel the whole thing off...in retrospect, I'm glad I showed up after all.

I showed up at around 11.30pm with a game plan in mind: watch movie at Cineleisure + Lunch + Browsing MPH & Borders...after which would just coincide nicely with the meeting time. Turns out the movie I am looking forward to watch (Dan in Real Life) is not listed...and other selection either sucked or didn't coincide with my planned time sheet. So I ended up with A LOT of dead time on my hands. Had lunch at Vivo (a pasta/pizza joint) - reasonable price, pizza tasted....kind of watery? Maybe my tastebuds is screw up after having that fever a couple days prior.

Then, when my comrades joined in...we hang out at Starbucks for tea. Not literally, I had Mocha Latte not tea....anywayyy...three of us had a nice chat. Well, it's more like me becoming an audience to a talk show as I can barely muster words without hurting my throat.

As we move on with dinner later at Secret Recipe, the topic gravitated towards more serious stuff: career and my lack of love life (hahaha). Well, not so much on the latter though. Both of them brings up some valid points - Lady Sunshine especially drives the point home. It's kind of...it felt like being knocked out with the fist of truth. I was kind of dazed as I realized the last several years of my life had been...insignificant. I realize that all along, and I'm not even upset...but I was stunned for a good while. So much so that I comically got lost on the way home, and stumbled onto a much better route home.

You guys really gave me a lot to think about, and I appreciate that. To both of you, I wish you well in your future endeavors - while I shall look forward to board my train to Destiny.

No comments: