Sunday, February 10, 2008

Express Notes - CNY Edition

First of all, Gong Xi Fa Chai. The roads were nice & quiet leading to the holidays...making driving a lot less stressful for a change. Gonna miss that.

Recent movies watched: Cuci & John Rambo/Rambo 4. The former was alright, though not quite up to my (unrealistic) expectations, but good first directorial effort by Hans Isaac. Quite entertaining, and there are worse ways to spend my cash (like watching AVP:Requiem or Hitman). Looking forward for more, Mr. Isaac.

The latter...whoa. Stallone's John Rambo return to the big screen and is taking no prisoners...and I could summarize the movie with these words: 'mutilated body parts'. The baddies were built to be 1-dimensional scumbags, and when they get wasted by the good guys...they REALLY get wasted. Mindless & rather violent, but highly entertaining action flick.

How did I spend my CNY holidays?

- Thursday: went to the market & monthly shopping at Giant Shah Alam. Treated the family to yet another kopitiam-style joint for lunch. These things are everywhere now. The Mocha Latte is heavenly, oh yesss.

- On Friday, went back to the former family residence in Port Klang and got to play gardener for a day. Lots of overgrown weeds, grasses, plants...I took them all out. Mercilessly. People are inquiring to rent the house, while we really want to sell it off. Tense.

- Saturday at KLCC, got to hang out with my clique; my boys, my fellow comrades Ben and Wes. Bought some books from Kinokuniya: The Comic Toolbox, a Web Designer mag, and an Immortal Iron Fist Graphic Novel. Our talking points this time around seems to be more serious than usual...but without leaving the lighter/goofy stuff behind. I guess we're...getting older? Had a great time, but bugged by headache on the way home. Thanks to Benjamin for the Cromartie High dvd, and I wish you well in your 'war', Wesley. Keep it real, homeys.

- Sunday, feeling the ongoing wrath of the damn headache. And wishing that I had more off days to spend. Oh well...hope I could recover by tomorrow, and threw myself head first into the rat race once more.

It's 12.10am on Monday, and it's officially the end of my CNY holidays. Welcome back, my stress-filled days.

1 comment:

E3102 Gamma said...

Rawr havea good day at work