Thursday, March 15, 2007

"This is Sparta!"

Last Friday (9th March '07), I went to see 300 with my comrade, William. Last movie we watched was Three which was...sometime in 2001, I guess? Maybe the next time I drag him to the cinemas, there might be a movie called Tiga Juta or something.

Anyways, 300 was...a great cinematic feast. But not entirely without faults. Visually, the movie is simply stunning. The Spartans were appropriately king-sized in their badassness. The violence was rather excessive from the get go, by the time movie ends you'd feel neutral to it. Some cuts to the movie hurt the flow a little bit. Way too much of slow-mo shots. But overall, a movie worth the trip to the cinemas for - definitely not for the kids, though.

After that, me and Willie went to nearby mamak to lepak & catch up. The usual topics came up, but Mr.William makes it entertaining as always. I also recapped to Will the recent reunion dinner in KLCC a few weeks prior. Later went home close to 3am....and on the way, I had forgotten that I have to go out to work a few hours later - and needed to go home to Port Klang after that. As it turns out, it became a tiring weekend for me. Swell.

1 comment:

黒 NOIR 白 BLANC said...

300?! oh gosh I thought it was a video game only!