Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Relocating & Roadwork

So here I am, back from a two-day layoff due to nasty headaches and being broken down in general. At least, my blood pressure dipped down a bit from before, so there's a minor victory for me.

I'll be relocating to Shah Alam pretty soon, joining other family members. We used to call Port Klang home for the past...20 something years. So imagine the stuff that piled up during all those time. Damn, got overwhelmed just thinking about it. So many things to pack, so much to do at the new home...it's all tiring. Yet, there is some excitement. I have surveyed the new home, looks like a nice enough place to be.

I guess I was possessed by some kind of demon or something, 'cause yesterday was the first time I actually jog since...gosh, was it 1999? Shame. I alternated walking & jogging in a distance of 2km, and capped it off running upwards on a long flight of stairs. Then I dusted off the skipping rope, doing three sets of fifty jumps. Yes I'm insane. And yes, my leg's pretty sore today.

The people in my neighborhood were amused by the sight of a portly grumpy man, huffing and puffing along the roadside in the name of health. I saw some old folks jog and doing Tai Chi too. Damn, they'd kick my ass pretty easily. I dread the day the old auntie waves at me, attacking me with a chi blast accidentally.

Don't know if I can keep this routine up, though. I certainly felt good afterwards...but super-thirsty at the same time. It took a mountain of will not to veer off at the nearby 7-11 for a canned drink or a Cornetto. Mmm...a Cornetto Royale ain't so bad...*resolve melted away immediately*

No comments: