Thursday, June 05, 2008

And here we...go.


04 May 2008, 8.15pm: I peered thru the blinds from my office, and I watched as my beloved country went absolutely nuts. And I can't really blame any of them. The domino effect has begun, and it'll go downhill from here on out.

Recent movie watched: Speed Racer. I loved the crazy kinetic visuals, despite having quite a formulaic storyline. Well, it's an adaptation of an old cartoon series, really what else would you expect? Still, I had a very enjoyable time watching this movie. And when Pops Racer (John Goodman) puts the ankle lock on a baddie, I completely lost it. Thumbs up.

Speed Racer suffered at the box office probably due to the fact that it opened when Iron Man was still playing in the cinemas. The latter, ended up being a great superhero movie and a huge success to boot. 'Avengers Initiative' - markout city. I didn't watch Indiana Jones 4, I wasn't really a fan of the series...but hey, that's just me. In spite of that, when the Indy soundtrack started in the trailer, I still get goosebumps.

Somebody should just halt the train that is heading down the Nostalgia Railway. It's beyond control. What's next, Beverly Hills Cop 4? Oh, wait...shit. Terminator 4? Crap, they're making that too. Hollywood, get some fresh ideas already! Maybe we'll finally get that ultimate movie team up...no, not Jet Li & Jackie Chan...not even De Niro & Pacino...nope, it's gonna be Stallone & Schwarzenegger in: Rambo vs Commando...'cause, why the fuck not?

I am looking forward to catch Dreamworks' Kung Fu Panda this weekend. Earlier in the week I bought the Bee Movie DVD (also by Dreamworks), being the Seinfeld fan that I am. I was not hugely impressed by Bee Movie, but it's still a fun watch.

For the next 2 months, I'm gonna be broke watching movies - with Hellboy 2, Get Smart, The Incredible Hulk and of course, The Dark Knight on the horizon...I just can't resist wasting my cash.

I shall return on the next post with my thoughts on Kung Fu Panda. Adieu, my gentle snowflakes.

No comments: